Thursday, July 29, 2010

It's a book thing

After finally telling people about my book idea things have started moving really fast. It's scaring me a bit!
I've got working on the ideas and doing some research. I've posted a few bits on Facebook, asking people random questions about tattoo. The response has been very warming and overwhelming. Although many people don't know why I'm asking the questions, they all seem more than happy to participate. I thank them all for it. It has reassured me that there are lots of people out there who are happy to help, even if they don't know me very well or the reasons behind the questions.

The main questions I have been asking are "what was your first tattoo, where did you get it done and what was your reasons for getting it", "what questions would you ask a tattooist before getting a tattoo" etc etc. The responses have been funny, cringe worthy and informative.

A few examples:

"My first tattoo is of a phoenix on my back, I got it as a reminder that no matter how bad things get you can always bounce back because good things happen too"

"My first tattoo was of a flaming skull with V8 engine on its head. I got it done on the back of my left shoulder when I was 17 two days after coming back from a life altering trip to South Africa"

"Is this going to hurt?"

"Do you have a steady hand?" 

Thank you to everyone who has taken part so far, it really means a lot. If anyone on here wants to add anything, please do :) 

Things are also moving a lot faster than I expected. My boss spotted the research on Facebook and asked if it was work related (as it was posted when I was supposed to be in work) I freaked out because I thought she was angry but I told her the truth. She got very excited about it and told me that the company I work for could really help me out. So she asked me to write a brief about the project and send it to my colleague (who sits opposite me). This morning, he knew nothing about this book even though I've been working with him since February. Now he knows exactly what I want to achieve and how the company is going to help me achieve it.

My boss also said that she "knows some people" and that the likely hood of her getting this book published was very high... all she asks for in return is for some mention of the company somewhere! So, thank you Harri and Fundamental Amp for providing me with an amazing place to work, support on projects outside of work and encouragement that I could actually achieve something out of this. You're all amazing :) 

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Exciting times! *does a little dance* 

1 comment:

  1. so exciting! :) yay! *joins in the little dance!* x

    ReplyDelete