Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A book of my friends

I've been thinking about something for a long long time. I want to get it off my chest. I know I don't have many followers on here but regardless of the numbers it feels like there's a purpose to my random babbling.


I have decided that I'm going to write a book.


I feel crazy even thinking of the idea. Me, write a book, really? No! But then I thought about it a little more and realised that this isn't going to be a book that contains characters and a story line and and ending. It's going to be very open ended and a definite reflection of me and how I see the world.


The idea can be transferred to a website/blog too that's an on going thing and that idea may very well happen before the book comes into creation.


The concept came from the fact that I know a lot of people really well, I know about their families, their jobs, their hopes and dreams - but not a lot about the one thing that defines them as individuals. Something that they chose to eternally distinguish them from anyone else. 

Their tattoos.


I realised that I know nothing about the works of art on their bodies. I don't know why they got them, what their first one was, what they mean, who did them, who designed them, what ones they hate and what ones are their favourites.


So I'm going to make a book about it. Plain and Simple!

I haven't thought of a title yet and I don't want to restrict myself to a certain path of ideas. I've asked a lovely lady who is a very talented photographer to help me out on this. I'm sure she'll offer me some fantastic ideas and maybe help me restrain all of the thoughts in my head into a clear path!


So, to all of you out there and your friends, please, let people you know about this. I don't want it to be restricted to my friends, it could work the other way round where I find out everything about someones tattoos and nothing about the person... ideas ideas ideas!


This idea is copyright of me 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment