Thursday, April 25, 2013

My longing for home is going to come true!

A few weeks ago I posted a soppy-ass post about wanting to go back to my hometown. I've been home and family sick since IQ came along. We moved to a city that we found out we rather dislike, which was a major bummer. Strangely, things took an unexpected turn and now it seems like my dreams are all coming true at once.

I'll explain...

The reason we moved was for my husband's work, he was offered a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and we couldn't turn it down. If we hadn't taken that chance I'm sure we would have come to regret it. As far as jobs go it was great to start but became less than satisfactory for him. Amazingly, he did the very brave thing and left last week. It wasn't a hasty decision and a few things happened  in the week before that cemented his desire to leave. Of course we talked through the decision, had the money talk and he decided that it was the right thing to do.

This job was the only reason we were staying where we are, so, with a hip-hip-hooray, we've decided to put our house up for sale. I really couldn't be happier. Our house went up for sale yesterday and we had our first viewing today. We're keeping our fingers crossed that it doesn't take long to sell!

There's so much more to write about house-selling and what not but that'll be another post entirely.

So, as you can imagine with sorting the house sale out and going to my best friend's wedding, we've had a busy few weeks!

Here's a few photographs from the wedding, we had a blast! (I'm not going to include any pictures of the bride because I'm sure she'll be doing a big dress reveal when she's back off honeymoon.)











1 comment:

  1. Definitely better to change something if you know in your gut you're not happy- props to you both for having the balls to do it! Life is too short to fanny around somewhere you don't like x

    ReplyDelete