Friday, April 12, 2013

Just two weeks to go...

In 2 weeks time the gorgeous Samboy is getting married and I have the absolute honor of being one of her Bridesmaids. She was, of course, one of my girls at my wedding. I've never been a bridesmaid before and I'm very excited and a little nervous!

Because of the wedding being so soon, we're having a gathering of LadyShapes (her words!) tonight, which means I'm packing myself and IQ in the car and heading back up to Wales for the weekend. I'm a little anxious about the journey as it's the longest trip I'll have made on my own with her. If any of you know the roads in Devon you'll understand that I HATE driving on the A38. Windy roads, patches of fog and usually rain makes the journey difficult on the best of days. I'll be taking it slow that's for sure.

We're heading out to Cardiff and having a meal at Wagamamas. I'm so excited. The nearest one to us is 40 odd miles away so it's going to be a real treat. This is my idea of a hen party. No L plates, tiaras or inflatable penises for us ladies, oh no. That's my idea of hell. I heard a saying once that summed up the aforementioned hen party quite well, 'it always ends with someone in bunny ears crying on the stairs...'.

On Saturday I also have the exciting plan of having a little 'wedding practise' with Samboy and her family. This also means I get to see her dress. I think I'm going to cry when I see it. In a good way of course! That evening I've been invited out for a meal with the ladies of her family and I really hope I can make it, but I don't want my mum to worry about putting IQ to bed two nights in a row. She can still be a little difficult at times. Fingers crossed she'll be an angel for Nannie and I won't have to worry!

It's a busy weekend lined up for me!

I have also been working away at my cardigan this week. The front and back pieces are done (with a little frogging here and there - and the front pieces aren't the same shape!!) and I'm now working on the hood. I think I might put it together and see how it looks without sleeves. Mainly because I can't be bothered working up two sleeves!

The blanket has obviously been neglected whilst the cardigan takes shape but I'll be getting back on that soon enough!

Have a fab weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Aww thanks Jadey, love you lots. Sorry we missed out on tonight, but hopefully you can make it tomorrow night instead xxx

    ReplyDelete