Monday, February 11, 2013

A blog hiatus...

I'm taking a little holiday.

The last few months have been really tough for our family. Just before Christmas we lost my Grandmother. This was a really sad time for all of our family. Then, on Monday past, we lost my Uncle. My dad and his brother and sisters have had to bury their mother and oldest sibling in the first few months of 2013. As you can imagine, everyone is devastated by the news.

I don't think I've quite come to terms with either loss yet. That scares me a little. It seems like I am so busy looking after IQ that I've blocked a lot of 'real life' out. I have a feeling that one day soon I'll break down and have a good cry. Or maybe I won't. Maybe I've dealt with the loss in my own way and haven't realised yet. Whatever happens, the most important thing for me right now is being with my family.

I know I won't have time to blog while I focus 100% on the three of us here, as well as my parents and extended family. My brother's wedding is coming up and two days before that is when we bury my Uncle. It's going to be a strange few months for the family, full of loss, sadness and also joy.

I just wanted to get this out there, to the ones who read my blog and any potential new readers wondering why there's no new content.

I'm going to leave the blog alone for the next few months and I hope that when I come back, there will be more good news to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment