Thursday, January 12, 2012

Baby's First Gig In Utero

Paul Carrack
We still haven't had a 'Christmas' with my family yet as my parents were in Spain for New Years eve and we were on the other side of the country for Christmas day. They are coming down to see us in two cars full on the weekend and I really cannot wait to see them. In advance of the guaranteed gift giving, my dearest mum told me that, in keeping with family Christmas present  tradition, she had bought me and Andi some gig tickets. As the day of the concert was getting close she wanted to tell us before actually giving us the tickets so we could plan ahead.

The tickets are for Paul Carrack. If you haven't already heard of him, visit his website and within 5 minutes you'll realise that he's played in some of the biggest bands of the 70s, 80s and 90s as well as releasing some amazing solo stuff. He's playing at the Plymouth Pavilions on the 27th of January and my mum was kind enough to get us tickets to go. Her and my dad have seen him numerous times over the past 3 years, ever since I gave my dad a CD of his for Christmas. They really do love him and I can't wait to see him either.

It was only this morning I realised that this will be the baby's first gig, well, technically anyway. It will be their first gig 'in utero' and I have to say that I'm very pleased about it :). Being the total music geek I am I got in touch with Paul Carrack via his website while on my lunch break today. I asked if it would be possible for us to have a picture taken with him, to have some proof that it was the baby's first gig. Ya know, something to embarrass them in front of their friends on their 18th birthday!

To my delight he replied very swiftly and I have to e-mail a little closer to the date and work something out. My mum was delighted at the thought of having this memorandum. I have a feeling that there was an ulterior motive behind getting us tickets for this gig and that she'd purposely bought us the tickets knowing it would be baby's first gig. Not that I mind in the slightest!

I will update closer to the gig when I have news of a possible photo opportunity with Paul Carrack!

No comments:

Post a Comment