Thursday, December 8, 2011

Two become Three

I know it's a moment that I'm going to remember forever. We got up at 6.30am, had our breakfast and morning chat as normal and left the house. Just like we usually do but that morning we were going to somewhere different. My husband and I got a little lost entering the hospital car park but found a space with ease as it was still only 7.45am. The only cars in the car park were likely to be staff members who were already there, hard at work.
We were called in for our appointment at 8.10am - bang on time. We were obviously the first appointment of the day as the nurses still carried coffee cups. I answered a few questions, lay out on the bed and handed my notes over, which were kept in a paper folder labelled 'IMPORTANT STUFF'. (I'm organised like that). The wonderful lady turned on a big black and white screen and right before our eyes was the tiny wriggling mass. 

Our baby. Our first baby, and he was dancing for us. 
I choked back the tears because I couldn't believe my eyes. That tiny moving thing is living INSIDE me. The incredible shape was something that me and Andi had created. It was beautiful. Even though he was moving around I couldn't feel a thing. It's because he only measures 3 cm in length.

I cannot explain how happy I was to see that picture on the screen. It made everything feel much more real. I have something to look at as proof that they're growing inside me. As I've had no morning sickness, I still don't feel that pregnant but I do have a small baby bump already!

I am so excited about what next year has in store for us as a family. It's going to be an amazing year!

So I'm sorry but this blog is sure to become a baby / crafty blog!

1 comment:

  1. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :D

    love all three of you lots xxx

    ReplyDelete