Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Finished Baby Blanket

Blanket Boarder
At the beginning of the year I found out that some good friends were having a baby. I waited until I knew they were having a boy before I chose my colours. The little man arrive on July 14th and I was nowhere near completion. As luck would have it, I left my job at the end of July so I've been working on it solidly for the past two weeks. I'm pleased that I've managed to finish it before his 1st birthday!



The loose ends I had to tidy
I absolutely LOVE how this turned out. It's a very cool modern twist on your typical granny squares blanket. I'm sure they're going to love it!
The main thing I hated about this blanket was all the ends I had to weave in and snip off at the end. Just when you thought you've finished the boarder and everything is cushty, you see all those little threads hanging about at the back.
 

Finished product draped over my armchair

Finished Product

2 comments:

  1. Jade, that is BEAUTIFUL! well done you! I can't wait til I have babies now ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my love :) I'm really proud of myself for getting it done. You know that I'm going to be a deamon for baby clothes, so I can't wait to be able to make something for you two. But, you don't even have to have babies, I can still whip something up for you guys that's not babbah clothes! xx

    ReplyDelete