Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm so rubbish at blogging!

It's been ages since my last post. It feels like I should have done soo much but in all truthfullness, I haven't done a great deal. I went to a house party held by my new workmates. Me and Andi didn't do the usual thing we do and sit in the corner talking to eachother all night. It's not because we're rude or arrogant, we sometimes get a bit daunted by lots of new people! But all of their friends were really really lovely and it was great to see Andi chatting to some guys and having a good time. I'd really like to hang around with those guys more.


Recently, I've been getting really into making my own cosmetics. My skin always gets really bad in the summer (blemishes, oily etc) and I knew it's because of all the awful 'filler' ingredients they put in makeup and cosmetics.


The best thing I've made so far has to be my very own exfoliator. It was a little harsh to my skin first of all because I'm so used to slapping it on and rubbing it around, but this is VERY coarse and needs to be user with care.


I'll share my recipe:
2 tablespoons of fine sea salt
1 tablespoon of olive oil
half a teaspoon or lemon juice
if you have any essential oils, add 2-3 drops of your favourite. I used peppermint and it smelt and felt wonderful!


Mix everything up in a small bowl until it forms a paste. It's best to use this in the shower and wash it straight off after a couple of circular rubs. Don't use it in the bath or you'll end up with a really gritty and harsh bathwater!


If you want to make more, multiply the above amounts and store any left overs in an airtight jar in the fridge. (label it, you don't want a housemate spreading this on their toast whilst drunk!)


Just a warning again, be gentle with this stuff... it resembles and feels like sandpaper!




I've made a lot of things like this recently. If anyone would like some more recipes, let me know. I'm happy to share.


Enjoy :)


2 comments:

  1. might have to try that! much cheaper than the exfoliator i have at the moment!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it! I pay 8 squids for my N07 exfoliator it a teeny tube. This stuff you can make for pennies.

    It's fab for getting rid of ingrown hairs before/after shaving or waxing. Not saying you have ingrown hairs Samboy, but I do, and it works great :)

    ReplyDelete