Now that I'm more than halfway through my pregnancy the weekly passing of time has become a countdown and I'm so excited to say that I've only got 18 weeks left!
The most noticeable changes to my body have taken place in the last two weeks. I have felt lots of movement, especially in the evening just after tea and although Andi can't feel the kicks from the outside yet, I know we're not far off being able to share the experience. It's an amazing feeling, like being poked in the tummy but from the inside. I know I make a funny face whenever I feel it and it probably looks like I have trapped wind!
There have been so many changes over the last few weeks that I've made two lists of things I love and things I don't love (so much) about being pregnant:
Things I LOVE about being pregnant:
- Looking pregnant is wonderful, feeling pregnant, which I only have done in the last few weeks, is even better.
- Feeling the baby move inside you is magical
- Boobs! I've gone from a 30C to a 36D (almost DD)!
- Bum! I always had an 'upper leg' but never a bum, now I have one and it's lovely!
- Belly touching. I love it when Andi puts his hands on my bump
- Eating like a horse and not being judged for it
- I've finally gained weight! I now weigh 9 st 11 which is heavy, but I'm pregnant!
- Buying maternity clothes - they look so huge until you put them on
- Family, how you see your parents and siblings in a different light and gain a WHOLE LOAD more respect for them
- Decorating the baby's room, which we've made a start on - post to come about it soon
- Looking at baby items and knowing that at some point you're going to need it all!
Things I Don't love about being pregnant:
- The loss of my belly button! I did have a lovely deep innie, now it's shallowed out and is most likely to become an outie in the next few weeks! Arghh it's so scary!
- Unpredictable bowels, one day you go, two days you don't...
- Not being able to wear ANY of my pre-pregnancy wardrobe, especially with weddings coming up this is proving to be a right ball-ache!
- Acne, I hated it as a teenager and I hate it EVEN more now. It's all over my body and it has made me very self conscious
- I still can't stomach meat, and I'm sure I'm going to be deficient in something by the end of my pregnancy
- Tiredness - I'm still feeling exhausted by 9 o'clock at night
- Irritable like you wouldn't believe, so sorry to my lovely husband
- My muscles and bones ache like hell, everything is stretching but getting really stiff at the same time, ouch!