I have also been busy making things, mainly as gifts for Christmas. I won't have a lot of money to spend this year so most of them are going to be handmade gifts for family and friends.
Here's something I'm particularly proud of. It's a scarf/cowl made from Wendy Fusion acrylic, colourway Autumn. I edged it with a cheap fancy bobble yarn. I also made two button holes and used some buttons my MIL gave me.
The pattern is plain and simple and is a perfect stash buster as it uses nearly a whole ball of yarn.
- With a 5mm hook CO 25, DC in each stitch, CH 3, turn. Repeat until it's long enough to wrap around your neck.
- BUTTON HOLES: DC in next 5 DC, CH4, SKIP next 4 DC, DC in next 5 DC, CH 4, SKIP next 4 DC, DC in each remaining DC, CH 3, turn.
- DC in each stitch across. Fasten off.
- Edge with eyelash or bobble wool.
- Fasten buttons on other end to buttonholes.